MyMedicare now available
MyMedicare is a new voluntary system for Australians with a valid Medicare card or a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran card to nominate a general practice and general practitioner as your regular healthcare provider. You’re eligible to nominate Invitation to Health as your primary provider if you’ve had two or more face-to-face appointments in the past 24 months.
MyMedicare is designed to formalise the relationship between a medical practice and our patients, which has been shown to improve health and wellbeing. When you register in MyMedicare, extra funding from the Australian Government becomes available to support our practice to provide more of the targeted care that benefits you and all our patients.
Benefits of registration include:
- Designating Your Care Team: By registering with MyMedicare, you nominate Invitation to Health as your primary care team, unlocking additional government funding to enhance the care we provide.
- Improved Access: MyMedicare patients enjoy:
- greater continuity of care with your registered practice, leading to improved health outcomes.
- longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) MBS-funded telephone consultations
- longer bulk billed telehealth consultations for children under 16 and Commonwealth concession card holders at the new triple bulk billing rate
Register through your Medicare Online Account at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/medicare-online-account or the Express Plus Medicare Mobile app at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/express-plus-medicare-mobile-app.
Please ask our Reception Team or visit www.health.gov.au/mymedicare for further information.