About the business and the role
Invitation to Health (ITH) is an evidence based, pro-active and compassionate General Practice located at Wyoming, NSW. Invitation to Health has 4 General Practitioners, 2 nursing staff, and 5 allied health practitioners. ITH integrates the science of medicine with person-centred therapies in order to achieve the optimal health and resilience of its patients.
ITH, a flourishing and collaborative practice, is seeking a dynamic, experienced medical receptionist who is highly organised and self-motivated with a genuine excitement and passion for ITH’s vision and its values.
We are currently looking for a Casual/On Call receptionist.
We require someone who is available for 1-2 shifts per week and be on call to cover Saturdays, sick and holiday leave. We anticipate that the role will grow to 2-3 days per week.
Job tasks and responsibilities
In your role, you will be part of a dynamic and motivated reception team. With exceptional communication, organisational and relationship building skills, you will thrive in this fast-paced Practice.
Reporting directly to the Practice Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day reception duties including telephone calls, making appointments, greeting patients on arrival, billing, checking mail, scanning etc. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced medical receptionist who is motivated and willing to work in a new and challenging role. We offer our employees a flexible and friendly work environment, supported with ongoing education and training. If you are dynamic, ambitious and driven by the challenge of being part of this successful organisation, then this could be the opportunity for you.
· Greeting of practice patients and phone calls in a professional manner.
· Billing – Private, Hi-Caps, Work cover, Medicare and DVA.
· Appointment bookings.
· Selling of our Dispensary products.
· Unpacking of our stock
· Use of our practice email, faxing, photocopier and scanner.
· Ensure the clinic runs in a smooth and efficient manner.
· Opening and closing procedures of our practice.
· Use of hi caps machine – Private health insurance claiming.
· Monitoring of our recall system
· Use of different software/programs
· Follow policy and procedure for set daily tasks
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate MUST have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a medical background
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Medical Receptionist Role
· Proficient in Best Practice Software; 2 years desirable
· A strong track record of operational excellence, well organised and task orientated
· High level numeracy/attention to detail skills to ensure accurate billing and daily balancing.
· High level of patient service supported with evidence of training/experience
· Good interpersonal skills and be able to autonomously and in harmony with other team numbers.
· Display a positive attitude under pressure
· Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
· Computer literate with experience in MS word and Excel.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply please email your Cover Letter and CV to
Natasha Anthony – Practice Manager